On a podcast in Mars
What would be some good topics to discuss on a podcast?
I do what I want.
Breaking: you’re welcome for your nightmares tonight.
Wait what’s happening? Lol
Breaking: Angie’s hands from excited clapping
Your neighbor is a gold star winner of the day lol
Breaking news: Angie climbs through webs to get to Kristen to ask “How and where did you get that shirt?!?!? Waaaaaaaaaants the precious!!!”
And you get to be the one to fix it!! 🎉🎉
Exactly!! I’ve only been on one foreign trip and I can remember that it was that feeling with quite a few of us. We got asked a lot of “how did this trip impact you?” when we got back and I think even that question is self serving. A missions trip isn’t supposed to be primarily about impacting yourself in some way; it’s supposed to be about impacting the Kingdom and those the Holy Spirit sent you to be with during that time.
3) sorry I’m late answering 😬
1) Despise was maybe too strong a word. Basically what I meant was that mission trips are fantastic as long as the missions part is why you’re going. I totally agree God will reach a student in a different land but so often I’ve seen the message be more “I’m so lucky to have so much; I’m so glad I can help this poor person!” More than ” I am leaving my home and comfort zone to go and spread the Good News of Jesus Christ by giving time and effort to help someone else”. It’s the first one that goes with fists closed that I don’t like. The second is more likely to go with hands open and say “use me”.
2) My church was originally first baptist and then we changed the name to a more generic “welcoming” name. It’s funny going places and needing to say “no we are the ones from the other town”.
Nope wasn’t me.
And I’m still sold out for TurboTax; sorry Kristen! Maybe if I wasn’t single with the same life and job that I’ve had for the last 7 years I’d need something less basic 😂😭
I despise missions trips. Like Blimey made a great point of saying- what we call “mission trips” in church the world calls “Spring Break”. No, I’m asking about missions. Reaching out to people either near or far to share the Gospel. Using whatever skill you have to help make someone else’s life more enriched while also sharing that knowledge of the skill and the Lord’s redeeming grace. Ministering to neighborhood children and their families. THAT kind of missions is the one I love. Not the one where I go for a week to feel good because “I made a difference” but the one where the Holy Spirit leads during my life to who needs whatever he wants to do through me for his glory.
Btw: I’m the stage manager for a student mission conference lol I can get a bit preachy/passionate…
Glad you guys liked the pic 😉
Mattthew is a Ravenclaw. Fun fact. Ryan is the Hogwarts tech guy who got the job because of Matthew.
Btw: even though there isn’t an official fan base name yet I have officially named the people in this group discussion the AuxCons. TOPHAT is the AuxCons’ organization. I am Snape.
I missed so much!!!
*cough* check your Tweety/Insta/FB 😉
Oops! We told them to be quiet but they are noisy boys!
No….that was me….I didn’t know I was moving THAT much! I was trying so hard not to be fidgety! I honestly don’t remember moving that much. We’ll just say it was the boys trying to get out of the closet, though. I like that explanation more. 😉
Slytherin with pride! 99% Slytherin with 1% Ravenclaw.
Thunderbird at Illvermorny but, please, Hogwarts for life.
Patronus: Dun Mare
Wand:Hawthorn wood,Phoenix feather core,12 ½” in length,Slightly Springy flexibility
Yes Kristen! And poo to the Carrot.
Oregon is correct; Sarah is the one in Washington. Remote, middle of nowhere-ish, Washington. 😉
Maybe I can get Matthew to pick up Sarah and myself and we road trip down to San Fran to pick up Ryan and, just for giggles since he’s in LA, we road trip down to Chris Howard under the guise of going to a theme park like the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Disney is expensive) and it becomes a AuxCon with a live episode but then, since everyone is there, you all can easily kidnap them…and Carrot can repremand me for my intentional run-on sentence!
Points to make
1) All plans are more easily executed come this spring as the boys will both be in the same time zone.
2) Would you be grabbing both at the same time (2 different teams) or one at a time (1 team and getting one before the other)? If the former, where will the meeting spot be located?
3) Who is driving?
4) I have not met Ryan in real life so I cannot attest to his motivations in terms of bribing. However, Matthew can be simple. Go up to him and tell him that you or a friend is throwing a mini concert and that you are desperately seeking a pianist! The concert is starting in the nearby town gathering area in an hour so you both need to hurry! When you get to the designated location, have a piano waiting for him to “practice the songs” and, after he is done giving you a mini performance, time him up with whatever method you desire as he sits at the bench. OR. Just drive up to him and yell out the window, “get in, ginger, we’re going on an adventure!” The first seems much more devious.
Josiah- in the episode comments you had said “Angie…that Matthew impression…” or something along that line of thought.
When they get up to episode 50 or one hundred maybe you all should start the fan cast and take over the FauxCable and give all the puns you think of and talk about Zelda, in alternating volumes, and what have you in vocal kerfful form!
And thank you Josiah! Kristen- we were thinking of asking you to join us but we didn’t have time 🙁 Hopefully next time! Btw when I started to say “shout out” I was going to finish it with “to Kristen the Legend”
😂 this is all so great!!
oh hahaha. Your tangent kinda had me at odds but then I got it 😂
*makes note of Matthew’s alien status*