What does a good book look like to you??

What does a good book look like to you??

Home Forums The NOT-Forum What does a good book look like to you??

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    JFF

Hi everyone!!! My name is Jellyfishflower(JFF) some of you know me.
    So, this is my first time starting a topic and the topic is *what does a good book look like to you??

It could be the characters or the storyline.whatever makes you enjoy a book!

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Storyline and characters are definitely paramount. It also has to be well-written, though I’m not sure how to describe that well. I think when a book has those three things, it constitutes a good book for me.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

For example, the Great Gatsby has a decently structured plot and the book as a whole is well-written, with some very excellent descriptive images, but… the story is profoundly dissatisfying and the characters are frustratingly idiotic. For reference, I hated the book.

AuxCableAngie
    Participant

The Bible.

*mic drop*

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Oh. Yeah, that’s a pretty good standard.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

A good book to me…doesn’t necessarily have to have a certain way it’s written and can even have bad characters. To me…a good book is all about the feeling it gives me. The joy. The sadness. If it makes me get lost in it, I love it. If it absorbs me, I love it.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yeah, a book with absorbing qualities is always good. Except when it’s actually garbage, that’s annoying.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I think goosebumps is good. Not because it’s good, as it’s not really. But because I enjoy it.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Never read them.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Well, usually a good book has two front covers with many pages in the middle, and words on the pages, and is held together nicely with a spine, but that’s just my opinion… I suppose some people prefer eBooks, I certainly don’t…

Awkward Potato

I only read ebooks when I can’t get a hard copy. I think my favorite kind of books would be the kind that make me feel like I’m actually in the story. When I get to the point where I start giving characters advice, then look at a clock and see I’ve been reading for several hours, that’s when I know I’ve got a good book. Of course, if it has a terrible storyline, is too wordy or confusing, or is on a topic I don’t care about, I’d rather spend my time doing something else.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I agree with mason and potato.

JFF

Yeah, if a book is poorly written it feels like the author didn’t even care about her or his storytelling. It’s very ignoring when they don’t invest in their characters.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I think you meant annoying (sorry, I tried to play carrot)

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII JFF

JFF

Feeling is also nice. I like when I can see the story unfold in my mind. I get a feeling of joy, not uncertainty about if the book is good

JFF

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII KRISTEN?. Yes I did mean annoying.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I love it coming to life in my mind as well.

HOOOWWWW HAVE YOU BEEENNNNNNNNNNN ARTHUR

Poulet Frit
    Participant

(Basically everyone here knows you are arthur…sorry if you wanted to stay jff)

JFF

Anyways….. The word *good could be used for the quality of the book,not by its appearance.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Did jff just change the topic on me?
    Are you trying to prove your sassy-ness?

JFF

Oh……now everyone knows my name?, but I ‘m doing well

Josiah the Carrot Stick

A 5-4 win on a walk-off swinging bunt makes a pretty darn good book.

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

I don’t read much fiction anymore but when it comes to a story in general I’d rather have one with good characters and a bad plot then bad characters and a good plot. But you really need both.

JFF

(Kristen I’m trying to avoid people finding out things about me.)

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yeah, annoying characters are, well… annoying.

JFF

……….Yes you do need balance in a story.

JFF

Characters are hard to create,especially if it’s fiction

Poulet Frit
    Participant

(Manalive let it slip that jff is his brother. And I highly doubt you are justin….I’m sorry)

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I am good at creating characters. Bad at plots.

JFF

Characters can be annoying.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable