Vinyard of Fragrant Drapes

Vinyard of Fragrant Drapes

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Vinyard of Fragrant Drapes

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 241 total)
  • Author
    Manalive Smith
    Participant

“When we grab you by the ankles,
    Where our mark is to be made,
    You’ll soon be doing noble work,
    Although you won’t be paid.

When we drive away in secret,
    You’ll be a volunteer,
    So don’t scream when we take you:
    The world is quiet here.”

It’s about time SoUE had it’s own thread.

Poulet Frit

…what part of the schism are you on??

Poulet Frit

So, Smith, unless you have been stalking the notforum, you won’t know this.

I have the vfd symbol tattooed on my left ankle. All the tattoos I have and are planning on getting have meanings. The SoUE tattoo that I have is meaningful because it was the first book series I ever read. And if it was never a thing. I would probably never have gotten the love for reading that I have…and therefore wouldn’t be who I am.

Count Olaf was my childhood role model, I always wanted to be part of his gang. I plan on reading the books to my future children and scaring them with my tattoo.

Where I stand on the movie:
    Olaf was funny and it’s good as a stand alone movie, but it was so far from the books.

Where I stand on the netflix show:
    Beautiful. I love olaf and casting is perfect!! Cannot wait for season 2! SoUE is finally getting what it deserves….a good rendition. They introduced some things way too early. But I understand why. In the books lemony just…dumps everything on you at once.

I have reread the series about 4 times. Yes I read the whole page of “ever”s looking for a misspelling. Yes I read that one chapter that lemony said to skip, saying nothing important was in there. Yes it is my life.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

How many books are there?

Poulet Frit

13…but there are a few extra books that I haven’t been able to get my hands on yet. But originally 13

Josiah the Carrot Stick

They’re only like 70 pages each, right?

Poulet Frit

Roughly….180-400
    Most are under 200. The box set now is expensive. I have had mine…for…since second grade I think…and so some are…a little abused as little me didn’t know how to treat books. But no ripped pages, just hurt spines. And only the first 4 books

Josiah the Carrot Stick

So short, at any rate. I don’t think of a book as long until it’s at least 400 pages.

Poulet Frit

A book series my sister loves has 14 books, and is roughly 900 pages each

Josiah the Carrot Stick

What series?

Poulet Frit

…I don’t think you release the grade level for SoUE

Poulet Frit

Wheel of time series by Robert jordan

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I… don’t release the grade level? Translation?

Poulet Frit

I read it in second grade. It is not a ya series…

Poulet Frit

It was my childhood. It’s not Dr Seuss. But it ain’t jk rowling

Poulet Frit

It’s a fantastic book for all grade levels in my opinion. But my sister thinks it’s stupid…and gets frustrated at lemony’s use of large words nobody has ever heard of for no reason. (Also, lemony isn’t real. It’s a character.)

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Right, I wasn’t saying that it its quality was determined by its length, I was just stating what I think of as constituting a lengthy book.

Poulet Frit

Ok, it’s my favorite series. I highly suggest it to everyone

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Right. Kind of like how I would suggest the Wingfeather Saga to pretty much anybody and everybody.

Poulet Frit

Yes, I still need to read that…after ted dekker books that I got for Christmas

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yep.

Olive

YEP YEP

Manalive Smith
    Participant

I am on the fire fighting side of the schism. They get to have all the secret codes and obscure literary references. I should also mention that “penultimate” is one of the most useful words I’ve ever learned.

Manalive Smith
    Participant

Miss The Legend, I had heard tales of your greatness and rumors of your tattoo. That is a level of dedication that has my utmost respect.

Brooke AC

WAIT, there were extra books?!?!
    And I haven’t been able to watch the series yet because I don’t have Netflix, but hopefully I can marathon it with my friend soon. I really want to see it.

Manalive Smith
    Participant

Mr. Handler wrote about five extra books, in a series called “All The Wrong Questions” about Lemony’s time as an apprentice with VFD.

Poulet Frit

Didn’t he also write something about beatrice?

It’s an honor to meet you, smith. I’m not as good at writing anything all fancy, but you are apparently…which is epic

Poulet Frit

The tattoo…my mom was cool with (she’s got 2 half sleeves that she is working on making full, and a ton of others), she just didn’t understand what it was, even after I explained. Neither did the artist.
    Like I said, I’m on the fire starting side. I would probably flip flop back and forth. Maybe be an undercover spy for the fire fighting side…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Hmm…

Manalive Smith
    Participant

So what is the deal with the sugar bowl?
    Any ideas?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 241 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable