Keeping Track Of The "Once Upon A Time" story so far [SPOILERS]

Keeping Track Of The "Once Upon A Time" story so far [SPOILERS]

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Keeping Track Of The "Once Upon A Time" story so far [SPOILERS]

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    riseofthekumquat
    Participant

If you have not read through the story time game “Once Upon A Time, Part 1,” this topic will not make sense and likely spoil the whole thing for you. This started out as a simple, whimsical adventure about talking animals and quests before turning into a meta-joke filled existential nightmare with multiple layers of dreams, simulations, sci-fi-horror elements, and new villains popping up everywhere. Part of the fun is seeing how crazy everything has gotten, but if we’re going to keep this story game going we need to take a step back and make sure that we know what’s going on so that there’s a certain sense of continuity and that the great ideas you’ve thrown out there get a chance to come to fruition.

This isn’t an attempt to restrain the crazy nature of the game, hopefully this allows more people to get invested in this monstrosity that we created.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

This will be incredibly helpful, I’m pretty lost at the moment.

Wileycoyote

So what do we need to figure out? Do we just exchange questions on here?

riseofthekumquat
    Participant

So we’ve got the A-story, the plane of reality with Douglas, the army of Franklin Clones with the Anti-Cerebral Control Unit, Lord Kumquat, and Valdra Muinthel. Lord Kumquat is keeping the gang in dream/Matrix-like simulations for unknown reasons. Douglas (who at the time of writing has been captured) claims that Valdra Muinthel wants to capture Peter’s Time Lord Essence to power a Doomsday Device. We know nothing about Muinthel outside of this information; all we know about Lord Kumquat is that he is a floating, giant, sentient kumquat with extremely powerful telekinetic abilities and that he is extremely concerned with making sure Peter remains in a dream-Matrix state. Peter got only a quick glance at the “real” world and it’s unclear why one of the Franklins helped wake Peter up and revealed his cerebral powers to him. Peter has since been put into a different simulation, the Hotel. It initially was meant to be a place where Peter would be kept in comfort but as that illusion started to break, the ACCU created a bunch of Vampire-Goblin type creatures to wear him down and fatigue his subconscious with so much fear that he would go insane. This plan also doesn’t work, with Peter still questioning his reality, so when we last left off the simulation was then designed to appeal to Peter’s hero fantasies by suddenly giving him power over his situation and people to save.

Meanwhile, we have two other villains: The Phantom and Kristen. I don’t remember what made Kristen evil other than the fact that various people just liked writing her into the story as a villain. That part needs to be filled in. The Phantom was formerly known as “Oliver,” and he was deformed at birth. He became an outcast and decided to wear a mask to cover his face. He is extremely attracted to Kristen, who is also a “TOPHAT Time Lord” or something, I have no idea. He can also teleport and disable powers on people through the use of purple necklaces (although it’s only been shown to stop shapeshifting powers).

It’s unclear if these other two villains are also trapped in one of the simulation or if they’re also a part of the ACCU or if they’re computer algorithms meant to keep the simulations policed (ala Agent Smith from The Matrix).

Also, Kye is a shapeshifter, there was something going on with Dawn, and there was a talking Lama who wanted to play music in the big city that got left behind about 15 pages ago from the time of writing this.

riseofthekumquat
    Participant

That’s my understanding of the story so far and I know for a fact that I’m missing a bunch of stuff.

Wileycoyote

Yeah Carlos the Llama was Peters friend, Peter is the one that wanted to pursue music in the big city. As far as I know Kristen is evil because the other time Lords wouldn’t let her find her true love who is I think scared of her. She is searching for her true love whom I don’t think is identified yet. We also have a scientist guy who is somewhere in a vortex still and when Kristen took the time Lords essences and powers she cursed Dawn to glow her emotions: happy is yellow I think purple is fear etc.

I don’t remember the phantom being Oliver but I wish that Phantom writer would write more that’s interesting.

Also maybe before adding anything to anyone else who’s been in play recently we should catch up with all the characters and move from there, like Robecca, Carlos, the professor, and I think brook is still missing also

riseofthekumquat
    Participant

I completely forgot the professor was in this story.

I’m also know nothing about Doctor Who, so I guess I’m just going to have to deal with that.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Wait, what professor?
    I don’t think we’re actually drawing a ton, other than the Time Lord title. I think we should’ve kept that title out of it and been essentially Time Lords in everything but name, but whatever.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Don’t forget I killed my father a while ago because he tried to stop me and my true love from being together. My true love is chris…who doesn’t love me (see the part of the story where he’s like “I will show her, I am not her true love”).
    Kristen is…I gotta write more about her

Poulet Frit
    Participant

The professor being Chris’ helper dude that died or something

Wileycoyote

This is just great

riseofthekumquat
    Participant

I’m working on an entry right now building directly off of what just happened in that last one and also what’s going on outside of the simulations. Hoping it doesn’t step on what Kristen was planning to do.

Masøn M.
    Participant

So at this point do we know if the original world we started in was the real world? Or was that all fake too? Or did they start running tests and simulations on Peter when they sucked him through the portal to keep Chris from bringing him somewhere they couldn’t track… I think the latter, but I don’t know at this point…It’s like Inception… Who knows whether the real world is even real…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

If anybody starts quoting Bohemian Rhapsody right now, I will unleash my Kraken.

Dawn

Yeah, I literally have only watched like three episodes of Dr. Who, but I was like “what should people who have complete control over timelines be called?? Lords of Time? Time Lords? Time Lords!”

Other than in name, there’s literally nothing similar.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Ah, that makes sense.

Masøn M.
    Participant

IS THIS THE REAL LIFE
    IS THIS JUST FANTASY
    CAUGHT IN A LANDSLIDE
    NO ESCAPE FROM REALITY…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

You’ve been warned.

Wileycoyote

So I think we should say they started simulations when he got sucked in that portal because the first half of that story is too precious and like just important to be fake. If that was all just a simulation we really have no motivation for anything and it’s all just been tests meaning we don’t know who Peter really is and other things.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Right, exactly

Wileycoyote

Thank you for agreeing.. ?

riseofthekumquat
    Participant

Super Chris is probably going to hate me for this next segment.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Sounds like an excellent segment.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

That was superb.

Awkward Potato

It really was.

riseofthekumquat
    Participant

So to clear up confusion from that last entry, yes, Chris is Lord Kumquat. The vision/simulation was of Lord Kumquat defeating his former self in an abandoned version of Kristen’s old house and backyard.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

That’s a really interesting twist.

riseofthekumquat
    Participant

Other revelations and questions from that last massive block of text:

-The curse put on Kristen separated part of her essence from her body, significantly reducing her power. “Valdra Muinthel” (translated as “The Spirit Of The Queen”) is that essence and Lord Kumquat fully intends on putting Kristen back together again.

-Peter was a failed attempt to recreate Chris while the original Chris corrupted himself to gain more power and become Lord Kumquat. Is Peter more Chris than Chris is even Chris? Do the two have some kind of Harry Potter-Voldemort relationship? Or is it even more personal than that?

-Peter is in a simulation because he is a threat, Kristen is under because she can’t survive the procedure to have her valdra returned without being in a dream state, and the Time Lords are put under for the sake of revenge (or to possibly power a doomsday device). We have established that everyone is on the ship for a reason, but then why is The Phantom being kept prisoner? What about the other passengers?

-Although the possibility is there, Kristen never fully wakes up. How much does she know about what’s actually happening? Once awakened, would she take Chris in spite of his betrayal and what he’s become? Is she still even interested in sharing her victory with someone else? What if that someone else turns out to be the Phantom?

-If most of the ship is piloted by Franklin clones, who is Douglas?

Dawn

Douglas is the true name of Frankin

Everyone has a true name. The more you use the true name, the more powerful it is. However, if you use a fake name, then it can become more powerful than your true name.

Franklin, Dawn, Manalive, Yeast, and Poulet Frit are all examples of fake names. SPELLS ANCHOR ONLY TO NAMES

(think like a computer program scanning for a certain word and editing that word only.)

I’m not sure if Kye is a fake name or a truer name than Bekah. BEKAH CLEAR THIS UP.

Dawn

Crud that sounds like I’m screaming. I’M NOT SCREAMING OKAY I’M JUST A LITTLE EXCITED MAYBE I SHOULD STOP TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 277 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable