Awkscon

Awkscon

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Awkscon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Awkward Potato

Awkscon (as per information gathered from the Auxcon thread)

Length: 5-7 days

Suggested activities: a picnic catered by Chick-fil-a (or at least a visit there), episodes done in pairs with Ryan and Matthew, baking/cooking with Matthew, movie marathon, walking, Smash, Mario Kart, milkshake drinking, karaoke singing/parody singing

Board games: 7 Wonders, Settlers of Catan, Codenames, Dominion, Saboteur, Ticket to Ride, Exploding Kittens, Blurt, Pente, Uno, Hungry Hungry Hippos with real hippos, Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly Deal, Dutch Blitz, Carcassonne, Balderdash, Bring Your Own Book, Telestrations, card games (Hearts, Liar/I Doubt It, Capitalism, Mafia)

Movies: Land Before Time, The Princess Bride, Veggie Tales

*Other things: t-shirts for each person based on their TOPHAT rank (possibly also ones that reflect their personality)*

Feel free to add anything I missed. I only looked through the Auxcon thread and I know we’ve talked about other activities elsewhere, so it’s not comprehensive. Just a starting point that’s somewhat organized because the old thread was getting long.

| || || |_

I know at Blimey Con this year they had identical t-shirts and personalized name tags and that could hypothetically be cheaper than personalized t-shirst for everybody, but Idk.

Awkward Potato

That’s true…I just figured since there aren’t very many of us and we all (or at least most of us) have TOPHAT ranks it might work. And the personality t-shirts don’t have to happen, that was just an idea I made a Pinterest board for.
    (Also *t-shirts)

| || || |_

Makes sense.

Awkward Potato
    Participant

Ooh what if we did a trivia game? It could be stuff about Ryan and Matthew but also about the FACEs since we all know each other pretty well…or do we?

Ryan
    Keymaster

I was reading through the list of games thinking, “Carcassonne better be here”. Recently learned it and I love it.

Awkward Potato
    Participant

Yeah! Carcassonne is great! I learned it from my cousins last year.

I’m game for trivia and Carcassonne.

Awkward Potato
    Participant

Idea from Kristen: one or more haunted houses.

(And that makes me think of escape rooms so those too)

Ryan
    Keymaster

OR! Haunted escape rooms.

DScott
    Participant

There’s something you could do.

Awkward Potato
    Participant

Ooooh I like that idea…the question is, do they exist in your area?

Awkward Potato
    Participant

I know I already mentioned baking/cooking, but specifically we should make cookies. Possibly a cookie-baking competition.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

So I was looking at the Indiana laws, and it appears that having real hippos for the Hungry Hungry Hippos game may be legal. Kentucky, probably not, but Indiana might work. I think the key is to have a “not-wild hippo” rather than a “wild hippo”. But don’t quote me on that, because I’m not an expert on Indiana laws at this moment.

Alternatively, we could just not bring the hippos. Hungry Hungry hippos without real hippos would probably be a much easier logistical feat to pull off. There was some concern about the idea expressed when Manalive originally brought it up on the Not-Forum anyway, although I don’t know if the concern was fully addressed or not: https://auxcableshow.com/community/topic/auxcon/page/25/#post-23315

Awkward Potato
    Participant

Yeah, and unless Ryan has cheap access to some trained hippos or we steal some from the zoo it’s gonna be pretty expensive. I would also like to suggest Jackbox games, because those are fun to do even offline (and could be adapted for a virtual Awkscon as well)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable