What You Missed

What You Missed

Home Forums The NOT-Forum What You Missed

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Ross
    Participant

In the most recent Skype call, Bekah requested a thread be put up for posting updates on significant experiences that the F.A.C.E.s have while she is away at camp this summer. That way she doesn’t have to invest a summer’s worth of reading into trying to catch up on experiences when she returns, and the other F.A.C.E.s don’t have to try to remember everything after the fact. This is that thread.

Bekah

Woohoo!!!

AuxCableAngie
    Participant

YAY!!!!

Masøn M.
    Participant

SO WHAT DID I MISS. WHAT DID I MISS. HEADFIRST INTO AN AUX CABLE ABYSS. I BEEN AT CAMP HELPING LOTS OF LADS AND LADIES. I’M REALLY HOPING I DON’T GET RABIES, HAH, I’VE TRAVALLED THE WIDE WIDE WORLD AND CAME BACK TO THIS.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Here is something Bekah missed that might be handy to know about later:

A day or so ago, we wrote in amusing ways on the chat. One of the ways was writing backwards, and one of the ways was using the contraction “n’t” following any word in order to indicate the opposite.

Here are examples of each:

Statement using backwards writing: Pmac ta nuf gnivah si Hakeb. = Bekah is having fun at camp.

Response using contracted writing: That is a badn’t thing. = That is a good thing.

I’m not suggesting we should use these writing styles anywhere on the Not-Forum other than on the thread below, but if Bekah returns to the Skype chat and sees writing like this, she might want to know how to decode it.

GSV WVXBKSVI GSIVZW

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Ryan had to leave the F.A.C.E. Skype chat temporarily because our large volume of group chat messages were “blowing up his Skype”. Therefore, the conclusion was reached by us F.A.C.E.s that this means: we are the bomb.

One remark of “soft explosion” later and a [somewhat regulated] pillow fight was discussed as a possibility for AuxCon.

Tingle

*soft explosion*

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Last night on the Skype chat, Masøn M. talked about a cool invention made by someone in his church called “The Wonderffle”, which helps to make a waffle that’s stuffed with other foods, like chicken. Here is the demonstration video:
    https://www.wonderffle.com/?utm_source=thisiswhyimbroke.com&utm_medium=referral

Well, one thing led to another and the the conversation concluded with Masøn voluntarily amputating his arms, using them to make really expensive stuffed waffles, and then acquiring bionic arms with the profits. That’s the back story for this tweet from the @auxcablefans twitter:

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Excuse the redundant “the” in my post.

Also: credit to Josiah the Carrot Stick for coming up with the idea that became the tweet and to Brooke AC for finalizing and posting it.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

The interactions during the evening that July 3rd turned into July 4th were numerous and entertaining. Here are the highlights, though the whole thing is an outstanding read:

There was a discussion about parents and shopping, specifically late night grocery shopping.

Masøn linked to a newly released song from an old album by TØP’s lead singer, Tyler Joseph. Josiah the Carrot Stick mused about hypothetically recording an album of his own, and all of the F.A.C.E.s said that they would want to hear a mixtape from Josiah. Josiah’s name suggestion for said mixtape was “Songs Sung 2 Octaves Lower Vol. 1”, and Explosive Yeast requested a vinyl copy.

As the day turned from July 3 to July 4 in the Eastern and Central Time Zones, the F.A.C.E.s wished each other a good American holiday in many creative ways.

The final highlight is this edited discussion:
    Masøn M., when discussing tactics to aid in sleep, wondered how long until “white noise” would be considered racist terminology.
    Awkward Potato suggested the alternative term that would be used in its place would be “colorless noise”.
    Masøn M. mused that “Colorless Noise” would be an excellent name for a band.
    Josiah the Carrot Stick concurred, proposing that said band would be very emo.
    Masøn M. noted that the name wasn’t taken already by any band on apotify.
    Awkward Potato concluded that the band of FACEs will be called “Colorless Noise”.
    Josiah and Masøn affirmed the remark.
    Awkward Potato commented that this meant the following was possible: Singing Two Octaves Lower feat. Colorless Noise
    Masøn M. remarked that this meant the following was also possible: Aux Cable: The Musical featuring Colorless Noise.
    Those in the chat at that moment then proceeded to discuss how the band would actually function, seeing as there is a limited repertoire of instruments that the current roster of F.A.C.E.s know how to play.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Ryan Matlock got married to Hannah, and the wedding was magnificent:

Jeff Ross
    Participant

If you watch the above video on YouTube rather than simply watching it on this page, you can see the livestream chat replay as well.

Bekah

I’m back y’all!!

Jeff Ross
    Participant

HOORAY!

Jeff Ross
    Participant

The official wedding video, filmed at the exact same wedding as the livestream above, released today:

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Recently there were several birthdays among the F.A.C.E.s, as well as instances of mistaken birthdays, so Angie recommended we institute “Happy Birthday” as a regular greeting, similar to “Hi” or “Hello”. Consequently, we started incorporating “Happy Birthday” into our hellos and good-byes, regardless of whether it’s actually someone’s birthday or not.

So… happy birthday, you who are reading this. 🙂

Awkward Potato
    Participant

Happy birthday! I have nothing else to say at the moment. 😛

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable