We Want YOUR Help Recording Parodies!

We Want YOUR Help Recording Parodies!

Home Forums The NOT-Forum We Want YOUR Help Recording Parodies!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DScott
    Participant

Greetings and Salutations everyone!
    Some of us are interested in recording some of the parodies that you guys wrote here on the Not-Forum! I’m not sure how many we are looking to do, but it would be really fun to do more than one. I’d like to know who’s interested in the project, and which parodies we want to see made.
    Thanks!

P.U.N
    Participant

Should we make the opening track a this week on the aux cable type thing?

DScott
    Participant

Right now we should discuss songs we want to do. Then we might arrange an order. After that we find out who wants to do what songs.

P.U.N
    Participant

i really want us to do the lyle the kindly viking parody

P.U.N
    Participant

also a random thought we could try to find a song to parody to tribute kristin’s questions

DScott
    Participant

I would really like to do that one also. I think Mason’s Smash Mouth Parody should also be considered.

P.U.N
    Participant

Yes!

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Oh, I just remembered that I had catalogued all the parodies from the Not-Forum that I could find on the various threads. XD I looked up my spreadsheet just now, and apparently I had compiled it in August 2018, so a year ago. I have just updated it and, according to my records, we have roughly 28 song parodies that are specifically Aux Cable-related, plus a poem parody, and 8 song parodies that aren’t specifically Aux Cable-related, all housed on the Not-Forum in various threads. [I say “roughly” because it’s possible that there are some I’ve missed or fragments of some that I didn’t count.]

P.U.N
    Participant

so should we all go over the spread sheet so we can get a better idea about which ones we want?

Awkward Potato
    Participant

Ooh, a spreadsheet! That’ll be helpful; thanks, Jeff. Hopefully that can be posted on here, but if not we can make a separate Skype chat or something.

I do have a question/suggestion: what if we made the parodies into a type of story? I’m not sure if we’re trying to go for a narrative, or just a showcase of what we consider the “best” parodies. If there are enough songs to make a story, it could truly be Aux Cable: The Musical. But it doesn’t have to be, especially since that could involve writing even more parodies and I don’t know if Franklin had in mind a deadline for this project (say, the third anniversary of the podcast, which is September 28)

DScott
    Participant

I wasn’t anticipating a particular date. If we had it done by then we could definitely release it for the Anniversary.
    I know we’ve always wanted to make an actual musical, but I was thinking this would be a sort of test to see if a musical would be viable. I do want to do a musical, so if we can get something together, then we can go for it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable