Thread for talking about Hamilton

Thread for talking about Hamilton

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Thread for talking about Hamilton

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Awkward Potato

Now we don’t have to mess up other threads.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Seems legit. I love how the Amazon Clean version of Stay Alive bleeps out the word in the lyrics on screen, but not in the actual song lol…

Awkward Potato

Yeah it’s kinda funny, the album itself says clean, but the individual song says explicit so idk. But I mean we get “I’m a general. Whee!”

Awkward Potato

Ok I’m going to bed now but have fun listening!

Masøn M.
    Participant

WHHEEEEEEE

Masøn M.
    Participant

Breaking: Spotify also has the clean version, you just gotta do some digging… It’s also successful in its erasing of explicitness in every song, unlike the couple that creep through on Prime Music. This makes me happy.

Awkward Potato

Nice! I don’t currently have Spotify downloaded and haven’t listened to it for awhile, but next time I do I’ll have to check that out.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Heh.

Masøn M.
    Participant

okay i just finished that was really good holy moly i don’t even like rap ignore the fact i like tøp…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Hahahaha it is pretty darn good.

Awkward Potato

Agreed.

Awkward Potato

Well I just started a book about Hamilton’s life, so I’m gonna see how closely the songs match as far as accuracy.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Ooh, exciting.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Do report back here if you come across anything interesting!…

Awkward Potato

I’m not exactly an expert on Hamilton, but so far the only thing I’ve really come across that’s somewhat inaccurate is that technically Ham was writing poetry long before the hurricane. Granted, I’m only on chapter 4 or so, so we’ll see.

And an interesting thing is that apparently Hamilton once dared a friend to slap George Washington on the back during a party or something. Washington was stone-faced and just moved the guy’s hand off his back. It was a very awkward situation lol.

Awkward Potato

I’m still not done with the book and I’ve kinda been forgetting to keep track of historical inaccuracies whoops

But I thought I would post this because it’s cute https://mobile.twitter.com/HamiltonMusical/status/995767813989167109

Josiah the Carrot Stick

That is wonderful.

Awkward Potato

Apparently Ham’s friend Gouverneur Morris essentially asked “What would Hamilton do?” in his eulogy at Alexander’s funeral. Technically “would Hamilton have done this thing?”

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable