Things you want to do when you grow up

Things you want to do when you grow up

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Things you want to do when you grow up

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Joshua S.

I would like to become a singer\song writer and sing on a worship team\ Christian band. What do you guys want to be?

Awkward Potato

Hey, Joshua! What’s up? That would be awesome! I’d like to be a writer but I also love music, so doing something with that would be good too.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

The phrase “when you grow up” strikes a nerve with me, because there really isn’t a date when you can say “Today I am all grown up”; you never stop learning and growing, and occupations in modern western societies tend to be subject to frequent change.

Considering Josh’s comment, I would respond with “So what songs have you written or sung so far?” or “Which songs & songwriters have you studied?” To AP I would say “What stories have you written so far?” or “Which authors have you studied?” Don’t wait until you’re “all grown up” to practice and prepare for what you want to do with your life.

Like my grandma used to say, “Dream big because dreams are cheap.”

Sorry for the “rant”. I guess I used to think that being 20-something meant you were “all grown up”, but that isn’t actually the case…

DScott
    Participant

Music isn’t hard to write, stories aren’t hard to write. The trick is figuring out what makes it easy.

Bekah

Oh I like it guys, Franklin and Jeff that is some deep stuff. But I would like to say that instead of when I grow up how about this.

I will be 18 my whole senior year and I think I want to volunteer EMT until I graduate. (There was a fake bus accident recently as a training for firefighters WMTa and perimedics to work together and I got to help)

When I graduate I would like to go to college, and get a camp ministry or outreach ministry degree. I would like to be a music teacher but I also want to be a missionary, I could use my small amount of EMT knowledge for useful resource on missions. I hate blood but that would just be for in case of emergency.

Masøn M.
    Participant

I’ve never had a specific thing I’ve wanted to do since a certain age. I feel like most people generally have their priorities straight by the time we’re my age. I honestly have never wanted to do something SO MUCH that I would be depressed if I couldn’t. It’s just really hard for me to think about what I want to do for the rest of my life. I can barely picture myself getting my license, and that’s only close to a year away…

Bekah

I understand that. When I was little I wanted to be a vet but then my mom told me I might have to give shots and I was gone, lol then I wanted to be a zoo keeper, but then I discovered my love for music

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yeah, I’m with Masøn on this one.

Joshua S.

Hey guys sorry about my phrase “when you grow up” I wasn’t sure what to call the thread. But I response to Jeff I’ve only recently started to try to write songs, as for the people I’ve studied I haven’t done a lot of that yet. Once again sorry for the wording of the thread I don’t believe people should only start when they’re older they should defiantly start when they are young

Jeff Ross
    Participant

They definitely should…but not defiantly. No need to be disrespectful or disobedient. 🙂

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I think Joshua may have meant “definitely” and it autocorrected/autofilled to “defiantly,” but I could be wrong.

Joshua S.

Woops ??

Milk Monster
    Participant

milk

Jeff Ross
    Participant

It’s spoiled.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable