Star Wars Celebration

Star Wars Celebration

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Star Wars Celebration

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    riseofthekumquat
    Participant

So this weekend is Star Wars Celebration (which is basically Star Wars Con).

There have been numerous rumors about what is going to be announced: a Boba Fett movie, an Obi-Wan movie (doing a video on that this week), a Star Wars YA/Romance movie, and the first trailer for The Last Jedi.

We’ll see if any of the rumors are true but man, this is going to e an exciting next few years.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Boba Fett: Please, no.
    Obi-Wan: Yes, please.
    Romance: Blech.
    New Trailer: PLEEAAAASE.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Masøn M.
    Participant

That legit gave me the chills…

superchris01
    Participant

I just saw it on YouTube a few minutes ago, lol. Can’t wait! Hopefully the story structure is better than TFA

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yeah… it gave me chills, too.

Brooke AC

I got chills as well. And I gasped. I’m EXCITEDDDDD.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I don’t know what in the world is up with those B-Wings or whatever those things are, but oh, well…

Jeff Ross
    Participant

I’ll just leave this here..

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I feel like they put a little bit too much in there.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Story from my work yesterday:
    (Now I’m not allowed to talk about clients or anything like that, but I don’t think this counts)

Yesterday I was at work when my midafternoon appointment showed up. Her son, age 4ish(?), was with her. Dressed as Kylo Ren (without the mask).
    While I did what I do, he was sitting at my desk talking to me about how amazing Kylo is. He said he left his mask in the car because he didn’t wanna scare me. I told him love Kylo (because I do). He pulled up his sleeves and showed me that his arms were covered in tattoos (temporary of course) and told me which ones were his favorite. He was the cutest child ever. Him and his mom had to run out to the car for a second, and he came back in with his mask on. “I got my mask,” he had said attempting a deep kylo voice. “That’s amazing,” I said back in a lame attempt at a kylo ren voice.

He was a sweet kid. I love when sweet kids sit at my desk.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Note: his mom told me that he has been living in his Kylo Ren costume all October

DScott
    Participant

Hahaha. It’s nice to have a fun story to tell.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

During the tax season, I was in an office that was super slow in business at the time. It was just me and a coworker. And these people strolled in with their little girl and the dad had a gun on his hip.
    The girl was 2

The whole time they were getting their taxes done I entertained the little girl. She was super sweet and liked to color.

Another time at the same office a similar situation came up…but this time the girl was like 3. And the dad didn’t have a gun. She liked to look at pictures of cats and dogs and eat snacks that I gave her (I asked the parents permission first)

Josiah the Carrot Stick

That’s kind of entertaining.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Why is the gun relevant lol? When I started reading I thought you were gonna say they were family outlaws and robbed your face…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I think the point was that a dude with a 2 year old kid was walking around with a gun, and that’s a little sketchy.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I live and work in a very sketchy area.
    I also deal with handling, not only money, but also people’s personal information (such as SSN’s) at work.
    I thought we were gonna be robbed for like 5 minutes.
    Guns are not uncommon here (it is the south) and it’s an open carry state…so I wasn’t too concerned.
    The little girl was super adorable. It was great. I love when little kids come into the office.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I wonder if guns are more common in the south or in the north. My general impression is that you have all the conservative rednecks, and we have all the liberal rednecks.

Masøn M.
    Participant

That sounds about right lol

Poulet Frit
    Participant

My boyfriend owns like 15 guns………so I would have to agree with the conservative rednecks being down here (he lives 1 state south of my state), and the liberal rednecks being up north

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yeah, my state is pretty darn liberal.

Brooke AC

Stalling

DScott
    Participant

There’s going to be a lot of that I take it.

Brooke AC

Yes

Tingle

So much.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

What… what was that.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Was it that bad 🙁 I’m seeing it Tubesday

Josiah the Carrot Stick

No, it wasn’t. It was just… I don’t even know. You’ll see. I need to watch it again to come to a solid conclusion. It was pretty decent, really character driven.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Hmm, okay… I’ve seen some VERY strong opinions on it, so I guess I’ll see…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable