Short Stories

Short Stories

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Short Stories

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Poulet Frit

Guys, I need ideas for short creepy stories. My creativity is all bottled up.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

A human evolving into a carrot.

Poulet Frit

Carrot!!! That is not the kind of stuff I write about! Lol

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Sounds creepy to me…

Poulet Frit

Yes. But it sounds like a Goosebumps book. (Love them, but not my style)

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Erm… what is your style?

Poulet Frit

I’ll post one of my other short stories here. It’s part of a series. But it’ll give u an idea

Poulet Frit

(Don’t judge too hard, I haven’t gotten done editing it)
    The Lady

Leaning against the lamp post, I check my watch.
    “2 am,” it read in the orange glow of the street lamp.
    “He’s late…again,” I sigh, my breath as white as the snow on the ground. If he’s ever not late, it would surprise me.
    His green car pulled up next to the curb, I can practically hear him contemplating about how he is going to apologize this time. I am guessing that he would use the sleeping in excuse before I opened the passenger door.
    I get in the car, the warmth of the heater immediately warm’s me inside and out. The smell of the leather is more pungent than normal, I breath it in before turning to look at him.
    He looks at me, somehow lovingly, despite him being faceless.
    “Monster,” some call him. Although, I call him “hero.”
    Just like every night for the past couple of months, he has saved me from what was lingering just outside of the orange glowing circle made by the street lamp.
    “I can not thank you enough,” I smile, knowing that without him I would be dead, “let’s go home”

(Makes more sense when paired with the sequels)

Masøn M.
    Participant

Once upon a time in a land filled with flowers… I said filled… Lived a King and a Queen and their daughter. She was cursed you see when she turned 18 she got ugly instead of hotter…… Sorry, sorry… Got a little carried away… Umm…

Scary things:

Children
    Dolls
    Children’s Dolls
    Obamacare
    The Star Wars Prequels
    Spiders
    Elevators
    Demon Elephants

You’re Welcome!

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Let me add some things:
    Microsoft
    A Muppets Christmas Carol
    Redeads
    Deadhands

Masøn M.
    Participant

Oh gosh, how could I forget Microsoft…

Also the inevitable butterfly apocalypse…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

That is the most truly terrifying of them all.

Poulet Frit

I could go off about obamacare.
    Mason, we’re you quoting something?

Poulet Frit

And I do not do elevators. I am so scared on them. Probably because I watched Speed when I was young

Masøn M.
    Participant

Seriously… I thought I was the only human being who had an irrational fear of elevators…

Poulet Frit

I would rather walk up 7 flights of stairs. I am terrified of elevators more so than I am of the dark (another irrational fear I have)

Masøn M.
    Participant

I’ve actually done that before… We were on the 5th floor of a hotel, and I walked up and down the stairs… I’m not sure exactly what ruined me as a kid, but I honestly think it might have been Tower of Terror at California Adventure…

Poulet Frit

I have had so many nightmares about elevators.
    And once, we were staying at this hotel. And we were in the elevator. And the door opened BEFORE THE ELEVATOR STOPPED MOVING (it only had like 4-5 inches left but…still)
    My fear only grew stronger

Poulet Frit

Tower of terror is amazing!! Love it…now. Hated it as a kid.
    On the Disney cruise, I took the stairs almost everytime. Because at no point in time, should there be an elevator IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN

Masøn M.
    Participant

Elevator nightmares like the following? —

You come to a stop. The doors don’t open. Then the elevator suddenly just starts falling (Like Tower of Terror)…
    OR
    You’re in an elevator and the doors never open…

And really, it’s so worth taking the stairs on the Disney Cruise because they are really beautiful…

Poulet Frit

I’m scared of the strangest things. I can walk around my neighborhood (somewhat scary neighborhood) at 2am, all alone. And see some creepy guy, and be totally fine.
    But if I see my reflection in the window I will have a minor heart attack.
    Logic

Masøn M.
    Participant

Also, you gotta burn off all the free food you eat during the cruise somehow…

Poulet Frit

You been on a Disney cruise??

Masøn M.
    Participant

I have…

Poulet Frit

My nightmares are more like…the doors never close, yet the elevator moves still. Or like…the elevator will start to stop, but one cable will break and I will have to dangle there, able to do nothing but pray and wait…stuck somewhere where nobody can get to.

Masøn M.
    Participant

I just realized how much I like finishing my sentences with three dots… Every one of my posts to this thread has ended like that…

Poulet Frit

No way! What ship? What trip?
    We did a 7 day trip on the Fantasy. We stopped in San Juan and St Thomas (and castaway cay duh) so beautiful!! Can’t wait to go again (though I can’t hang out at the Vibe next time I go. That place was my life)

Masøn M.
    Participant

Dangling elevator sounds horrible… When I’m actually on a real elevator, I will put my back against the wall and grab the hand-rail bar thing so hard my knuckles are white…

Poulet Frit

The ellipsis is my favorite punctuation, so I’m not complaining…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

There was a really hilarious Odyssey episode in which Whit and Cryin’ Brian Dern got stuck in an elevator together…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable