Prayer for 9-11

Prayer for 9-11

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Prayer for 9-11

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    wileycoyote
    Participant

Hey guys I just wanted to make a post for everyone to give facts or stories about 9-11 that they know of or give a prayer or note.

Dear Jesus,

I pray today for all of the people who lost loved ones on this day 16 years ago. I pray for the people who serve the country to prevent it from happening. Again. I pray you protect our country and the people in it.

Amen

Masøn M.
    Participant

This was a story published last year, but it’s extremely moving…

Commemorating 9/11 – 15 years later

Awkward Potato

Amen. That really was a moving story, Mason.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

That was a very moving article, mason. Thank you for sharing

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I feel like a majority of us were too young to remember it. I know that…afterwards, my sister and I would freak out whenever we saw a plane flying (more particularly jets, we were near a navy base and jets fly around all the time there)

Masøn M.
    Participant

Yeaahhh, I’m a litttllleee too young to remember… Considering I wasn’t alive…

Poulet Frit
    Participant

…good point. I wasn’t even in school yet.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I… wait, nobody needs to know how old I was or wasn’t.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Carrot was either a baby or not born yet…based off of what we know

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Or I was 34.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Carrot is an old man creep. I repeat. CARROT IS AN OLD MAN CREEP

Awkward Potato

Or he’s a bot. Who knows?

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Or I was 43.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Maybe I was 55

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Maybe you were feeling 22.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I feel like this is not the thread to be cracking jokes on

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yeah, we should probably stop.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

I was in school for 9/11. It was a very surreal day that I still remember vividly. I arrived at school just like any other day, but the teacher started off by telling us that something had happened in the news and that the principal was monitoring the situation. Consequently, we were supposed to carry on like any other school day but be ready if the principal were to call us and give us further information. The principal briefed us on the situation later that day, with school carrying on as normal as it could under those circumstances. I didn’t actually watch video clips of the event until I was older, because of how tragic the event was. My family doesn’t watch news in the morning, so we all found out about the attack at school, at work, or at Grandma’s house that day. We never feared for the future because God is with us, but we all had the same “OH NO!” reaction to the tragedy. In the days following, the news was watched more than normal, and there were often alerts of the likelihood of another terrorist attack.

I also remember where I was for school when Osama bin Laden met Justice. That helped to bring a certain amount of closure to the 9/11 tragedy, but the memory will always be in my mind.

If you want to watch something that can help to express the emotions of that day as well as the sense of unity, recovery, and patriotic spirit that rallied the nation back in the aftermath of 9/11, I recommend this 20+ minute video, ESPN’s 30 for 30 shorts “First Pitch”. http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=13617860

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I remember where I was for Bin Laden.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I’m pretty sure I was at home when I heard about Bin Laden. The tragedy I remember most clearly is the Marathon Bombing… I honestly don’t think we would’ve won the World Series in 2013 if it didn’t happen. Seeing Boston and all of New England rally around that was pretty cool.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Honestly, when all of that happened my parents never really shared news with me, so I was kinda oblivious to all of that… It’s really only the more recent stuff I remember, like the San Bernadino shooting, and Paris, and what not… The San Bernadino shooting was kinda scary cause that’s only, like, 50 minutes from where I used to live, even closer to where quite a bit of my cousins and grandparents live…

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I remember the theater shooting in colorado. I’m still weary of movie theaters even though it was no where near me

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yeah, some of those I heard about sort of indirectly, so I don’t really remember initially hearing about them.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Ah, I remember that one too… Yeah, I’m always a little aware and conscious when going to places like that…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

*wary *nowhere

Masøn M.
    Participant

Thanks…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

That was to Kristen, not you.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Oh… I thought my ‘aware’ was incorrect… .-. Ignore me…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Nope, you’re good.

Brooke AC

Still praying for this. We live in a fallen world.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable