Oy, Jeff

Oy, Jeff

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Oy, Jeff

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Masøn M.
    Participant

I didn’t know if you are still lurking but I need your help. What is it that Josh and Kevin always say? It’s like

What would Kevin would have done
    or
    What would Kevin would he do

or something like that…

Masøn M.
    Participant

Oh dear I forgot the exclamation point. I am ashamed.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

The official wording is “What Would Kevin Would Have Done”, but it can be altered to fit the context. For example, Inner Tube Episode 112 contained the hashtag #whatshouldkevinshouldhavedo when asking the audience what Kevin should do concerning an upcoming decision. (It was an upcoming decision as of the episode’s broadcast.)

Any particular reason you’re asking about the wording?

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Never mind, I just read your comment on “Politics Killed the Holidays” by Blimey Cow. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to get you the answer before you had to post the comment.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Oh well, now I have it for future reference! Thanks! 😀

Jeff Ross
    Participant

You’re welcome, Masøn! 😀

(Side Note: Your comment on “Christmas Romance | Four Things You Should NOT Do” by Blimey Cow was top notch.)

Masøn M.
    Participant

Why thank you, kind sir.

Awkward Potato

*is reading through comments on the Blimey Cow video*
    *finds two comments by the same person that both involve rhyming*
    *looks inquiringly at Jeff*

DScott
    Participant

Hmm.

Masøn M.
    Participant

If you break it into separate words, it translates out to “Yes I am here” from German to English. Interesting, knowing that Jeff seems to know his way around the German language…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

If the one with a German name isn’t Jeff I’m a fried shoe.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Not only this, but his channel description is –
    I’m learning German, I speak English
    I like rhymes better than any fish
    I don’t swear at all, I don’t have pets
    Yes, I am here but not finished yet!

The channel started 9 days ago, on January 13th.

Under “GUTE KANÄLE”, meaning GOOD CHANNELS, is a single German channel that appears to do Math, also seemingly in line with Jeff’s interests.

I think we can safely conclude this is Jeff.

BUT HEY, THAT’S JUST A THEORY. A STALKER THEORY. THANKS FOR READING.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I concur.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Fun fact: That “single German channel” is also CHRIIIIIISSSTTTIIIAAANNNN!

Want proof? Below is one of the Christian videos from the channel and in the comment that follows, I put my translation of what the video says (attempting to keep the spirit and the rhyme, though not necessarily the meter).

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Hi, I am Johann, and I study mathematics.
    For me, formulas are as much fun as music,
    And not only because I like to study the abstract
    And prove hypotheses, arguing with logic,

But I would like to call myself a fairly rational person.
    I like to check what I do with what I know, for then
    Only then, being critical, as it concerns validity,
    I keep from having blind faith without clarity.

I tell you all of this as a believing Christian
    Since you shouldn’t “turn off” your reasoning as a believing person.
    No, you should also question how you live and your beliefs
    Because this life-long skill is how to go about the truth you seek.

Therefore, I don’t just believe in a “higher power”,
    A random creator, or a “flying spaghetti monster”;
    Instead, I believe concretely in the God the Bible tells us of
    Who came to us as a man. In Jesus is displayed God’s love.

And Jesus really lived [it can be historically traced]
    Yes, he’s even the one upon whom our calendar is based.
    Everyone should see what was written about this “somebody”.
    The Bible is not a fairy tale; It is reality.

(If you ask me, it sounds like what would Kevin would have said [if Kevin were a mathematician named Johann].)

Jeff Ross
    Participant

{Feel free to take the actual text from the video’s description and run it through Google Translate to double-check me.}

Masøn M.
    Participant

Wow, that’s really cool!

Jeff Ross
    Participant

His most impressive video, however, is this one, which I don’t think needs a translation:

Dawn

Masøn M.
    Participant

There are no words.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Impressive.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

*looks at Josiah*
    *doesn’t see a fried shoe*
    *looks at AP with a reassuring look*
    *realizes potatoes have tube many eyes for returning proper eye contact*
    *feels like a further explanation on the channel is needed*

Remember the other day when I was in a “rhyming mood”? It was because I was in the middle of composing a comment for a certain other video while hitting refresh on the Not-Forum and interacting here. I wanted to interact right away, but I didn’t want to lose the momentum that I had on composing the comment so I just kept rhyming while I was here.

I’m actually surprised no one has brought that particular comment up, but it’s okay. It was written with a “rap battle” mindset rather than an encouraging one. It is very witty, but it’s written in order to elicit a response from the creator or possibly a reply from the audience, so it may sound a bit harsh. (Someone already gave it a “thumbs down” to counter my “thumbs up” on it.) One thing I’m working on is competing with an “iron sharpens iron” [Proverbs 27:17] mindset rather than a “trying to be better than everybody” mentality. Even my most recent comment on a video, which was both a critique and a parody, came across as confusing (partly because of the accidentally bold text) and received a thumbs down from someone. My goal is to successfully get to the point that I’m able to consistently write comments that edify and not just display wit. Some of my comments so far have done that, but not all of them, so I have some work to do.

Reading Masøn’s high quality comments week in and week out definitely inspired me to get into the YouTube comment art form. Challenging myself to rhyme while writing them is a creative decision to help my work stand out. (Kevin has talked about consistency helping establish a presence, but I didn’t want the fate of “Yours Truly, Chris” happen to me, where identical repetition affected how effective he could be with the substance of the comments he leaves.) I don’t have to rhyme for every comment I leave (and I haven’t), but in general, rhyming helps me to write more succinctly and more creatively. If I can successfully use YouTube comments to improve my rhyming, writing, and creative thinking skills, then I’ll keep doing it. If not, then I’ll stop.

For reference sake, I have been keeping track of the comments that I write and where I have left them. I am being very deliberate with which videos I compose comments for, since I strive to write comments worth reading.

Fun fact: Masøn wins the prize for “first subscriber to the channel”, as he was so confident in his stalker theory.

*feels like sufficient explanation is given*
    *stops talking and goes to sleep*

Masøn M.
    Participant

Figured there was no better way to show confidence in my stalker abilities than that! 😀

Manalive Smith

Oy Jeff! You asked me some time ago what I thought of the Fan Christmas Special. I did not answer at the time as embarassingly enough I had not listened to it yet. I since have, and I wanted to say thank you for putting it together. You all did excellently. I will never think of thunderstorms or the word orange in the same way.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

I’m glad you enjoyed it, Manalive! However, I do not take credit for putting it together. I merely did my part to help the project, which was only made possible by the enthusiastic, authentic, and organic support of the numerous F.A.C.E.s who actively came up with and participated in the endeavor. Franklin played the largest role by serving as our editor, but the project’s success is equally due to those who talked about it here on the Not-Forum and made the effort to brainstorm, record, and submit portions for the episode. Definitely one of the coolest group projects that I’ve ever been a part of!

If we ever do another one, I hope you get to participate as well. 😀

Masøn M.
    Participant

Seconded.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Here is the niche, unlisted YouTube video video that I said I would post to the Not-Forum. Feel free to leave constructive criticism here in this thread. I did my best to cover all my bases with my first ever published video, but I’m open to making adjustments. Read the description, click the links, read the captions, do whatever you would do if publishing this video yourself and let me know here if you find any issues. Thanks! 🙂

Masøn M.
    Participant

*Applause*

Milk Monster
    Participant

milk

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Thanks, but it’s spoiled.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable