My Hair

My Hair

Home Forums The NOT-Forum My Hair

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    Explosive Yeast
    Participant

So a few months ago I dyed my hair for the first time and it was bluish green but it’s faded out significantly. Now I’m trying to decide what color I should dye it next. I’m very conflicted between red and orange but I’m open to other suggestions. In a few days I’ll see what color has gotten the most votes from you guys and that’s what I’ll dye my hair. Thanks!

Poulet Frit
    Participant

What is your natural color?

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I have been dying my hair since I was 5. So I have tried a lot of colors. I also know which brands are better. (I’m getting my hair dyed June 7th)

Manalive Smith

Right now he’s planning on using Good Dye Young, and I’ve already voted red.

Manalive Smith

What other brands are good?

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

My natural hair color is a dirty blonde. Im probably gonna use Good Dye Young because it’s what Josh dun uses and Josh dun is amazing.

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

SPLAT is most definitely good I sweat blue for a month.

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

I meant not good

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Are you going to bleach your hair first?
    I tried going red once (I’m naturally blonde) and it turned out bright orange (there are pictures of it on my fb)

Manalive Smith

A very desirable feature to have in a hair dye I’m sure.

Manalive Smith

Yes he is.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I have done splat. Never again will I do splat. It lasted 2 weeks before it was so faded.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Ok, make sure you use a lightened that isn’t hair bleach. I like…let me go check the brand. It’s hair lightened and toner in one. In 15 minutes I was platinum. And it’s not too damaging to your hair.
    Do you have a Sallys nearby?

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

Yeah splat was bad and I am gonna bleach it.

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

I have no idea what a Sally’s is so no.

Manalive Smith

I’m sure there are people named Sally around here somewhere, but I’m guessing whatever store you’re talking about is not a Colorado thing.

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

But not actually bleach I was gonna use GDY’s lightening kit.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Hair lightener: clairol kaleidocolors violet.
    Hair dye I’ve been using for the past 3 years: pravana vivids
    Hair dye I’m using next: pulp riot
    Both of the hair dyes are professional use only, but if you can get your hands on them I highly recommend them. For the lightener, you need 20 developer. But the hair dyes you don’t mix anything with them (actually, I’m not sure about pulp riot)

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Is their lightening kit hydrogen peroxide based?

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

But outside of the brand what general color would you say?

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Maybe it’s not called hydrogen peroxide based…but you know what I mean.
    I actually have red and orange in the pravana vivids at the moment…never opened them (I stocked up while I had a licensed professional who would buy them for me so I can use the professional stuff)

Poulet Frit
    Participant

What color are your eyes?

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

They’re a dark blue.

Manalive Smith

His eyes are the color seven.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

(and GDY seems like it would be great for not costing 300, which is what my hair will be June 7th) (I need olaplex so bad)
    Ok…personally, dark green is on my list. I have blue eyes. Of you get acne, the red or orange will make it more noticeable (like when one wears red lipstick…which…means nothing to you)
    Ummm…anything bright and neon!!

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

Okay.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I have a lot of hair dye pins on pinterest. Guy Tang does amazing things, but…I made my mom do ombre once, and she said never again. (I got her to do it a second time tho!)
    And you don’t have enough to really ombre. You could do the roots one color and the tips another I guess, but idk if your mom would be up for that. And you would have to be careful in the shower as when the darker color runs over the lighter it could stain the lighter.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Im sure you know, don’t wash your hair for 4-7 days, rinse and wash in cold water, etc etc to help the color stay longer.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

(Like rinse it in those 4-7 days. And possibly use conditioner. And make sure the shampoo and conditioner are color safe yadda yadda yadda)

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

Yup got it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable