Milk

Milk

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Milk

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 123 total)
  • Author
    Josiah the Carrot Stick

Thus begins the most controversial discussion on the forum.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Heh… I forgot about that.

Poulet Frit

…I’ll post my side of the argument later, with articles to support. But like…warning for those who don’t wish to know

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I will also wait and counter Kristen’s points.

AuxCableAngie
    Participant

I’ll just drink milk.

Poulet Frit

Unlike what you believe, milk is bad for your bones.

Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones

It has a ton of hormones in it, hormones that are known to lead to cancer and feed cancer cells.
    http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/diet-and-cancer/food-controversies#food_controversies3

We are the only the only living things that drinks milk after being weened. We are the only living things that drink milk from other animals! Cow milk is for cows….not humans. We have a different chemical make up.

Yes, calcium is good for you, same with the vitamins found in milk, but those same vitamins are found elsewhere. Milk causes more problems than what it can help.

Poulet Frit

Yes, there are rumors about pus and scabs being in milk, but those are not proven enough for me to quote

Josiah the Carrot Stick

*applauds Angie*

Poulet Frit

I have other points that I can’t make here.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Counter #1: Let me quote the second link you posted:

“Milk and dairy are good sources of calcium and protein which are needed as part of a healthy, balanced diet. Calcium is important for teeth and bone health.”

Also, the first article you posted is finding a lot of issues with milk that has GMOs. Just get milk with no GMOs!

Counter #2: Again from the link you posted:

“In the UK and the rest of Europe, farmers are banned from using this hormone, and the import of meat from countries, including the US, where this hormone is used is also banned.”

This article says NOTHING about actual hormones in milk. In addition, it also says:

“Studies looking into the link between cancer and dairy products have not given clear results. THERE IS EVIDENCE THAT DAIRY PRODUCTS COULD REDUCE THE RISK OF BOWEL CANCER, BUT WE CANNOT SAY FOR SURE THAT THIS IS THE CASE. THERE IS NO STRONG EVIDENCE LINKING DAIRY PRODUCTS TO ANY OTHER TYPES OF CANCER. We need further research to find out more about the links between dairy products and cancer risk.”

The only “solid” link between milk and cancer is that milk might help PREVENT bowel cancer.

Counter #3: Maybe milk causes some issues. What doesn’t? What’s your solution to not drinking milk and trying to be healthy? Drinking nothing but water? People have been drinking milk for thousands of years, why on earth should we stop now?

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Points that you can’t make here?

Poulet Frit

…think about something for a minute. How weird would it be for a grown cow, to feed it’s grown cow child that grew up, milk just like it did when it was a baby.
    Mom’s don’t give their 20 year Olds their milk. It’s not normal.
    Milk has estrogen. Which is known to cause certain forms of cancer. It’s unnatural to drink milk.
    Yes, the articles I shared say there is some good stuff about milk. But…there is also bad stuff.
    Vegetables have calcium and vitamins as well.

Poulet Frit

Points I cannot make here. As in things that I cannot say because it references or mentions something that may not be appropriate for your ears.

Poulet Frit

I also will not post links to those articles…because like I said, not appropriate in my opinion and I do not wish to be kicked off the forum

Brooke AC

While y’all debate, I’m gonna milk this not-forum for all it’s worth. It’s an utterly great opportunity which I can moove in whatever direction I choose.

Poulet Frit

Extra hormones do bad things to bodies, mostly young girls. Let’s just leave that part at that

Brooke AC

Ah. If you did post that link, I would probably hoof it on out of here.

Poulet Frit

Thank you, brooke for keeping the mood light.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

And fried chicken doesn’t have some ingredients that have been known to cause cancer? Like I’ve said before, we are not the same as cows, pigs, aardvarks, or whatever animal you can come up with. We don’t eat grass, they don’t eat fried chicken. Saying that we are the only animals that drink milk after we are weaned is frankly kind of meaningless. Like I keep saying, DON’T GET MILK WITH GMOS IN IT! Won’t that solve the hormone issues? I still think that my point that people have been drinking milk for thousands of years, and only recently have a small amount of people started saying it’s bad, is still valid.

Brooke AC

Things are getting heated in the milk not-forum. I guess it’s steamed milk.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

How… how dairyou.

Brooke AC

Don’t have a cow! (And ooh, that was good!)

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Now I calf to come up with a good comeback… I don’t know if I’m going to be able to bull it off.

Brooke AC

Mmmm… needs more cowbell.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Y’all are really milkin’ it…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

That was cheesy.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Resorting to cheese puns now you coward?

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Sorry, I needed a cattleyst to keep this going.

Masøn M.
    Participant

That was good… Leather or not you agree with me, that was good…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable