It’s only three more days…I can’t wait!
Oh dang!… I totally didn’t forget… .-. Nope… That didn’t happen…
I’m gonna legit cry, yall.
It’s funny to read page 17 of this thread now knowing that Aux Cable 037 exists.
From the Office of the H.O.W.D.A.R.E.Y.O.U.:
Greetings, Fellow F.A.C.E.s!
I listened to Episode 027 of the Aux Cable this past day, and it mentioned how touched Ryan and Matthew were by the actions taken at the beginning of this thread to celebrate “Ryan and Matthew Appreciation Day” on April 1, 2017. This year, April 1, 2018 doubles as Easter, and the idea has been suggested that we do another fan episode of the Aux Cable, similar to what we did at Christmas time, in order to show our appreciation. We may discuss more about this at Mini-AuxCon this weekend [but probably not record anything then due to logistical concerns]. Nevertheless, I would like to designate this thread as the headquarters for our “Easter/Ryan & Matthew Appreciation Day” planning. We were able to pull off the Christmas episode in less than a month and I believe that with God’s help we can do the same once again, if not better.
Goals of this fancast would be threefold:
1. To show our appreciation to Ryan and Matthew for the Aux Cable podcast, for the Not-Forum, and for releasing regular episodes again in 2018 after a long hiatus
2. To get more notable F.A.C.E.s to have their voices in this episode than were in Episode 037
3. To use the gifts of creativity that God has given us to craft an episode that is arguably better than the first one we did
This is the proposal. (As you can see, I’m dressed in costume, sitting in a Model T, waiting for your response.)
I didn’t know you had a Model T.
This weekend is crazy! On Thursday Ap and I are going to see Newsboys!! Woot woot! Then we come home Friday, which my family drops my dad off and drives another 5 hours to go to a bible quiz tournament. The concert I think is 5 hours as well. The Bible quiz tournament is on saturday. But guess what! I got a violin! Sorry that was very random I’m just so excited because I didn’t know I was getting it until last minute. And it was a huge blessing because it came with a case and two bows and rosin for only $40. The strings are ordered, (one was missing they needed new strings) The only really bad thing about it is the fact that one of the pins are gone so that’s a huge bummer, because now I have to wait to take it into a music shop to play it.
You’ve made me an offer I couldn’t refuse.
I’m especially hopeful to participate in this appreciation day since I didn’t get to participate in the last one, due to what I can only describe as ‘the feeling of death’ after a black belt test… Luckily, this time the black belt test falls on the 6…
I fully support the fan episode
I am game. I think what Potato suggested about having a few group calls with 3-4 people in them to record live segments is a good idea.
(Franklin, it’s a borrowed Model T; I have to return it soon.)
So far, it looks like I should be all good to join this call! And next week will most likely be crazy, but right after that is Spring Break, so I’m sure I can find time to participate!
As far as I know I won’t be too busy this weekend so I should be able to join this time around.
Barring unforseen eventualities, I’m on board.
I might be late but I should be able to join. This’ll be fun 🙂
In last night’s marathon Skype call, there were a few ideas discussed for the upcoming fancast. Here are a few of them:
1. In the previous episode we did, everyone sent in an “EVERYTHING!” In this episode, we are looking at everyone sending a “HAPPY RYAN AND MATTHEW APPRECIATION STATION DAY!” to use in the intro.
2. The plan is for Kristen to write questions for the show like last time, but if there is any F.A.C.E. who assuredly won’t be able to participate due to [censored] reasons, speak up for the opportunity submit a question for the episode. There should be one question that will involve an answer that has [the four-letter word describing the substance that is ejected by a cow’s udder] used, but censored. (Only one such question will be used in the episode, as we’d rather not have to censor tube much in the episode; it’s quite a bit of editing.)
3. Rather than individual F.A.C.E.s answering individual questions, we would like to break into groups of two or three to answer questions over Skype (or other collaborative means). During each answer the F.A.C.E.s will be introduced by their T.O.P.H.A.T. rank if applicable (and a different creative intro otherwise). It is recommended that each group have an outline going into their Skype session so that the question gets answered even if there is some sort of digression in the response.
4. A timer will go off during each question-answer session. (Possibly multiple timers; still unsure about this.) Each timer will be different, and will be a notable clip from the Aux Cable. Suggestions so far have included:
In the arms of aux cable
Hmm…. (from Josiah)
What we will need is a list of timer suggestions and the applicable timestamps (if from an actual episode). I’m not sure if we ought to have them picked out before the Skype calls themselves or if the editor ought to add them in afterwards and surprise the listening audience.
5. The commercial idea suggested, according to my notes, involves:
“Plays all your favorite songs”
6. Toward the end of the episode will be an appreciation station poem composed specially for the occasion. According to my notes, it is tentatively called “All-Star Ryan & Rick Roll Matthew”. Brooke is the head of the poem project.
7. We want as many F.A.C.E.s (including possibly Angie & Sarah) involved with this project as possible to show Ryan & Matthew maximum gratitude. There were suggestions for “celebrities” that also may be called upon to make appearances in the episode, including Yours Truly, Chris, Corban Garcia, and Rick Astley. However, the main participants we want are the F.A.C.E.s; after all, this is a fancast, not a celebritycast.
This is what we talked about, but there are plenty of ideas that we didn’t discuss or that I either missed or misunderstood. Feel free to bring up more ideas & their implementation in this thread. It’s less than a month before this episode releases, so now is the time to be thinking, planning, praying, contributing, and listening for this project.
Asmr section by Mason… haha
This sounds so exciting! I as well have some ideas for commercials,
5. Not a huge deal, but I think we also mentioned “syncopation station” as part of the commercial and possibly something else that’s escaping me at the moment.
That’s a good idea, AP. If any F.A.C.E. remembers or thinks of anything else, please post it. 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.