Childhood Significant Others

Childhood Significant Others

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Childhood Significant Others

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Dawn

I’m going through old pictures to make a timeline for graduation, and I came across a picture of 7-year old me holding hands with my 7-year old “boyfriend.” I wanted to marry him at 7 years of age XD but my parents told me I should wait a while lol. We aren’t a thing anymore XD haven’t been for like 9 years+

Anyway, I was wondering if I’m alone in this or did you guys have childhood significant others as well?

Masøn M.
    Participant

Everyone made fun of me and my neighbor who is like 3 years older than me, but I always insisted I didn’t like her… Which I didn’t… But I never really wanted to marry or date anyone at that age… Still don’t…

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I hung out with guys my whole life. I get along with them easier than girls typically. I was always considered “one of the bros”, so no.
    But I did have an imaginary baby with a kid in my 3rd grade class. We adopted the baby from Haiti. We took turns carrying it…but that’s it

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Nope.

Awkward Potato

I remember when I was like 5 I wanted to marry my cousin…not anymore though, don’t worry. Also there was a kid I knew when I was maybe 6 or 7 that I was “going to marry.”

Josiah the Carrot Stick

POTATOOOOOOOOO

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Oh goodness, could I have possibly picked a more awkward thread to do that?

Awkward Potato

Probably not. Is it safe to talk now? Are you somewhat sane again?

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

I had a crush on someone when I was really young. I never told them. I don’t know them anymore. Now I feel depressed thanks guys.

Manalive Smith

You never told me about that.

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

I never told her either.

Manalive Smith

Well, now I know.

JFF

I have girls who are friends,but no crush. They are just really good friends

Poulet Frit
    Participant

Girls who are just friends are good. (Or guys in my case)
    It’s stupid to date under the age of 18, yall. (Though my heart melts when little kids hold hands and such)

Dawn

The little kids holding hands is what I’m talking about guys XD

I don’t mean crushes for the preteens/teens/anyone over the age of ten.

Poulet Frit
    Participant

I never held a guys hand. Not even when I was little.
    But this dude taught me basketball when I was like 9. He was cool. He went from letting me win, to me just beating him.
    When I was like 12 or 13, I held two boys’ hands while teaching them to ride a skateboard (they were both about my age), and that wasn’t anything really and doesn’t count..

Josiah the Carrot Stick

A few years back we were learning a dance thingy at homeschool coop… and one week there weren’t enough people so I had to partner with a girl. It was supremely awkward.

Explosive Yeast
    Participant

Recently I’ve been sorta pulled into a group that swing dance alot. It’s fun but definitely akward at times. I know how to swing dance though! That’s a useful life skill right??

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Allegedly.

Brooke AC

Inside, we both know what’s been

Tingle

On go

Jeff Ross
    Participant

I remember Valentines Day in 8th grade, where there was only one classmate besides me that got valentines for everyone in the class. It felt slightly awkward, but it’s something that everyone had done since Kindergarten, so it felt weirder to me that most of the class didn’t.

I guess if homeschoolers read this, they may not understand the concept of passing out valentines to everyone in class during grade school. I know at least one year (possibly many years) I passed out little VeggieTales valentines (it was a private Christian school, so I usually wasn’t the only child who had VeggieTales valentines to pass out). Of course, as a child, the candy received meant more than the little valentines did. xD

Dawn

I’m a bit of a packrat when it comes to cards, because literally I have kept the vast majority of cards anyone has got for me, including the valentine’s day cards from flipping kindergarten and first grade (the two years I was public schooled).

Bekah

Same Dawn, and Jeff the homeschoolers have always had two days for Valentine’s Day, the week before we would all make a whole bunch of cards. Then the next week we would give them to everyone and also take some to the nursing home in the next town because we are so small we don’t have one. We would have a talent show and sing,I played piano, some kids recited poetry, there were a few skits involved and yeah it was fun

Masøn M.
    Participant

I used to go to Valentine’s Parties exclusively for homeschoolers, where the kids would get opportunity to pass out valentines to each other.

Too many of the cards never had candy though. It was kind of disappointing.

Awkward Potato

I miss going to the nursing home. That was pretty great.

Brooke AC

Back in elementary school, I managed to be out sick for almost every Valentine’s Day, so I missed the candy. One year, though, my class made up a bag for me and sent it home with my mom. That was a good day.

Milk Monster
    Participant

milk

Jeff Ross
    Participant

It’s spoiled.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable