Anchor Needs Improvement

Anchor Needs Improvement

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Anchor Needs Improvement

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    riseofthekumquat
    Participant

It’s still too early to tell, but in its current form Anchor isn’t going anywhere as a platform. First off, it seems solely focused on its app. Facebook and YouTube have apps, but they themselves are not just apps.
    You know what are exclusively apps?
    Instagram and Snapchat.
    Good content does not come out Instagram and Snapchat.
    Anchor needs to have a website that isn’t clunky if they want to stand a chance as a content creation platform.
    Speaking of the actual content, only being able to upload in 5 minute increments is crippling to a long-form medium like podcasting. It would make sense if someone uploaded to the site and it was split into 5 minute segments, but it won’t accept any audio clips over 5 minutes.
    And on top of all of that, it’s difficult to navigate through the channels and see who’s posting things, both on the app and on the site.

I’m not saying this couldn’t turn into something great, but it’s been a frustrating past few days working through the kinks of this app.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yes, they definitely need to make the website fully functional. I know I’m in quite a bit of a minority, but for those of us that don’t have mobile devices, it’s kind of a pain.

Masøn M.
    Participant

I agree… Everyone really seems to love it right now, but if they don’t change things I have a feeling everything is gonna die down and we’ll all forget about it at some point. I think that the cause of that would be that people would start getting irritated over limits of the platform. Limits are great, they can cause even more creativity than if you give someone free reign, but if you’re too limited it’s nearly impossible to do new things after you’ve reached a certain point, because when you want to move forward or step outside your comfort zone you can’t.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yeah.

Masøn M.
    Participant

Well said, Josiah… Well said…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Why thank you.

Dawn

I don’t even know how to navigate Anchor. I just use the link from twitter…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Yeah, it’s a little weird.

Brooke AC

Never gonna

Tingle

’til you

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Hopefully Anchor keeps improving.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

I just saw that Anchor has received some recent updates. I’m curious to hear what the avid Anchor users think of the changes.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

It makes things somewhat clunky for somebody that doesn’t have an account and uses the web client.

Joshua S.

I know right

Awkward Potato
    Participant

I hadn’t been paying attention, but I saw something on Twitter yesterday that apparently it’s now possible to upload something as long as a podcast onto the app (maybe site too, I don’t remember).

DScott
    Participant

Ooh. I wonder what could be done with that…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable