1 Year

1 Year

Home Forums The NOT-Forum 1 Year

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    DScott
    Participant

Hmm …

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Hmm…

DScott
    Participant

Perhaps we could make an audio drama…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Hmm… that is a thought…

Masøn M.
    Participant

We technically also weren’t allowed to post anything until Feb 6, as well, so that could be the deadline for something too…

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Wait what?

DScott
    Participant

The first Non-Show-Host post was made on February 6th, by YOU, Josiah.

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Oh, was it? Cool.

Awkward Potato

You weren’t allowed to post until February 6? Weird.

What type of audio drama, Franklin? The Once Upon a Time story maybe?

DScott
    Participant

I’m not sure. If we did Once Upon A Time, there’d be a story already, but a story that might not end.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

I would like to turn the Book of Job into the biggest rap battle of all time someday, but that might be too ambitious of a project to complete in a week. I’m still thinking about it. The advantages of the story are an audio version wouldn’t require many sound effects, and the original story is mostly written in poetry anyway. The disadvantages are it’s a very long story with seven main characters (eight if you include a narrator and nine if you include Job’s wife, who only has one or two lines in the whole book). Aux Cable 037 only had eight voices in it, and one of those was Chris Howard. Then again, Explosive Yeast, Brooke, Superchris01, and others had ambitions of involvement but missed out due to lack of time. All things are possible with God, so if he blessed it, we could do it. The closest thing I could find to re-working Job into a rap battle I could find on the internet was a 2003 show called “Job: The Hip Hop Musical” which was a two man stage show that tried to set Job in modern America to mixed success.

I think an audio production of some sort would be fun to do again, but only if Franklin was on board for editing if need be and we all understood the project we were working on.

Perhaps we could do something like “Aux Cable: The Musical” only “Not-Forum: A Sample” by re-working some of the most iconic threads into entertaining comedic bits. I’d be up for an actual “Aux Cable: The Musical”, but music adds a new dimension of planning to the collaboration station game. Not that we couldn’t do it with God’s help…(sorry for all of the negatives in that sentence)

I’m throwing out ideas here, guys. Any of them spark other ideas in your minds? I’m sure there are all sorts of things we could do together to celebrate such an excellent year.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

(Apologies for the “I could find” redundancies.)

Josiah the Carrot Stick

I am game for something…

DScott
    Participant

Well, the semester has started, so it can’t be anything real convoluted. “Not-Forum: A Sample” sounds like an interesting idea. We have Other story threads we might be able to use, and they would be much shorter.

superchris01
    Participant

Interesting ideas! I didn’t realize the Not Forum started only a couple weeks before my first comment. Or that I remember knowing anyways

Masøn M.
    Participant

Did my paragraph post?… The Not-Forum is being a little weird…

DScott
    Participant

You DARE call the Not-Forum WEIRD!?

Jeff Ross
    Participant

#IStandWithMasøn

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Also, if you’d like help with editing, Franklin, I may be able to oblige. I can cut and splice just fine, but I’m not comfortable yet with adjusting “audio quality” factors much. So if you thought it best, the audio files could be rerouted to me, I could edit them together, and then I’d send the rough edit to you for a final polishing.

Awkward Potato

Rapping the book of Job sounds awesome imo. But you’re right, there’s no way we could pull that off in less than a week.

Going back to Mason’s idea, if we did do a “promotional” type thing, I think we should take a bunch of quotes from the notforum and compile them into an advertisement for reasons to join. We’d make it seem appealing while still showing how weird it is. I mean the weirdness is part of the appeal anyway. So we’d maybe have stuff like the m*** discussion, a random Rickroll, some Word Association, etc. Basically stuff that shows the spirit of the notforum. I’m not exactly sure how we would choose which parts to include, but that’s my idea anyway.

DScott
    Participant

Dramatizing the time the entire Not-Forum got Rick-Rolled would be hilarious.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Should we all comb through the Not-Forum and find our favorite threads or portions of those threads? Maybe each make a “Top 5” or “Top 10” or “Top 16” list or something like that? Then we can discuss which to utilize in the promotional material and how to go about it.

So there’s something we could do.

Dawn

OH GUYS.

I did a thing this past summer, but I never got around to finishing it or adding many soundeffects or anything.

So if someone knows how to do that, I can send them the thing.

And if someone wants to polish arts, then I can also send them the thing.

Because I did the thing in Windows Movie Maker and on index cards and colored pencils.

It’s not fantastic, but it’s a thing.

*Glances at above text* I’m rambling aren’t I?

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Hmm… I am intrigued, Tomorrow.

Dawn

Do you happen to have a plethora of sound effects?

Josiah the Carrot Stick

Ish, I have the ones that are in Garageband and iMovie.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

I am curious to see if Dawn’s project when it is complete. It sounds very creative.

DScott
    Participant

As am I.

Jeff Ross
    Participant

Yes, Franklin, you are very creative.

DScott
    Participant

I meant I also, am curious.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The Aux Cable