Reply To: Out of Curiosity

Reply To: Out of Curiosity

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Out of Curiosity Reply To: Out of Curiosity

Brooke AC

currently go to a Baptist church, and we have a pretty large variety of people. Some are dressed nicer, most are casual. We have a lot of the K-Love type songs, but we’ll do hymns as well, and there’s a traditional service with all hymns. I’d say I’m nondenominational, but I just want to read the Word of God, gain an understanding of it, and let God use me for His will. The last church I went to was nondenominational, and I really miss it, not to say I don’t love my current church. From my experience at Baptist churches, they’re the ones who use lights and slides and all that, and they have topical messages. The nondenominational didn’t really have anything flashy, and the messages were passages right from the Bible, explained in the context of its time, with other verses to back it up, and it was very clear along the way how it could relate to today. That’s not a super great explanation, but it was very different than any other church I have been to.
This is kind of a different topic, but I understand the biggest reason we have denominations is to prevent division in the Church. Sometimes, though, it feels too divided, and that turns some people off from believing Christians. We need to love those outside our church, and we certainly need to love those outside the Church as well.

The Aux Cable