Reply To: Zach/Kevsky Debate

Reply To: Zach/Kevsky Debate

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Zach/Kevsky Debate Reply To: Zach/Kevsky Debate

Poulet Frit

Zach: I’m saying that decisions of absolute morality, like slavery, segregation, and abortion, need to be made by the highest level of government, because they are either wrong or right everywhere, the morality of such acts doesn’t change by state. There should be no state where it is legal to murder an unborn infant, period. That is something the entire nation must prohibit, it cannot be allowed anywhere. That is the primary purpose of the government, to restrain and avenge evil and protect the innocent. We had to pass the 14th amendment because states couldn’t be trusted to treat people equally.
And to your second paragraph, which is pure ad hominem, the answer is simply no. Not only would there not be only one person on the top in the system I think is best (the executive would be very weak, the legislature would have most of the power), but I know that I myself do not have a personality lending itself to governmental leadership. I simply take Scripture, history, and logic and attempt to discern what the best way for government to fulfill its God-given mandate is.

The Aux Cable