Reply To: Short Stories

Reply To: Short Stories

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Short Stories Reply To: Short Stories

Part 4: The Darkness (rough draft. Option #2)

“Lone Survivor”…that’s what the news called me. Years ago, my parents and I were in a car accident…and I lost them. It was a relief, though.
For 8 years, the lady by the lamp post tried to get me out of my room.
I was relieved when my parents died, as the lady had no more reason to torture me. I felt guilty about being relieved, but it made her leave.
When I turned 18, a mere 2 years after the accident, I vowed to hunt her down. She wasn’t going to hurt another child…not if I had anything to do with it.
I followed news reports to a small town up north. She leaves a trail of bodies wherever she goes. I hate to admit how methodical she is…it’s almost admirable.
One day I found her. Standing under a lamp post…at midnight. I parked my car a few blocks back and walked towards her. I couldn’t wait to kill her, but once I got close, the light cast from the lamp post stopped me…like a ring of protection. Her demeanor changed immediately…she could tell I was there, ready to kill her as soon as the light flickered…but it never did.
I have been back every night since, waiting for the opportunity.
She cannot keep doing this, but if I kill her, is it justified? Will it feel as good as I think it will? Plunging my knife into her abdomen and watching the life fade from her eyes, sounds so good, but will that even kill her?

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!