Reply To: Short Stories

Reply To: Short Stories

Home Forums The NOT-Forum Short Stories Reply To: Short Stories

Part 3: The Monster

2 am, every night, its my job to pick her up. She thinks I’m a hero. She thinks I love her. She thinks I have saved her every night for the past few months. I wish I could stop, but I can’t. This was my sentence, serve her for eternity. Although, she doesn’t know I am being forced to help her.
She gets upset that I wait so late, since she gets off at 4 pm. She doesn’t get that humans don’t take kindly to faceless freaks.
She always has me drop her off at a different child’s house each night. There, she does terrible things. I’m supposed to wait outside for her, though for the past couple nights, I’ve been going to another child’s house.
I found a way to mimic her ability of making the sound of the parents screaming. This child in particular, she has been planning its demise for a while.
I can feel when someone is going to become important, and this child will save a ton of lives. So, I torment the child, to teach it to ignore the noise, to teach it to stay in its room, safe from her.
I don’t understand why, but she can’t hurt adults. Which means, this child only has to survive ten more years.
I always leave right before she’s finished at the other children’s homes, so she won’t know. If she ever found out, I would be dead.
She gets in, covered in the child’s blood. She complains about being too full from over eating. I wish I could save every child, every family from such a heartache.
People think just because I have no face, that I’m the thing of their nightmares. When in reality, it’s the things that look normal that are the real monsters.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!